Grow Your Company’s Facebook Followers
As you probably know, cultivating a social media presence can give your business an incredible boost. After all, according to Statista, a stunning 240 million people use Facebook in the United States alone. Creating a page for your company can give you the opportunity to connect with thousands of current and prospective customers. In addition to being a potent promotional channel, Facebook gives you a unique chance to answer clients’ questions, learn about their “likes,” and engage with them on a more personal level. The best metric with which to measure your enterprise’s Facebook marketing strength is the number of followers you amass. The more people who agree to see your page on their feed, the more occasions you have for meaningful interactions (and thus, eventually, sales).
Of course, because Facebook is such an innovative instrument for businesses, there is quite a bit of competition amongst company pages for followers. It can be disheartening to try to grow your follower list, only to end up with mediocre results. Fortunately, Concentric Management is here to give you the growth-based business practices you need to expand your business. Our goal is to assist companies in reaching their full potential with advanced online advertising techniques. We can teach you the ins and outs of digital marketing so you can successfully promote your business in the digital age. In the following blog, we explain one simple, effective trick you can use to grow your company’s Facebook followers.
Why Followers Matter
As we mentioned above, followers are in many ways the currency of your company Facebook page. After all, if no one is looking at or interfacing with your page, what’s the point of having it?
A recent article in Entrepreneur magazine points out: “One of the biggest advantages of Facebook… is that it gives everyone a voice that will be heard. In addition to providing the ability to share opinions on products or services, Facebook enables users to endorse businesses within their own community by simply hitting the “Like” [and, more to the point, the “Follow”] button. Companies can leverage this phenomenon and turn everyday users into brand influences. 9 in 10 consumers take the words of their peers into account during the buying process. Why not let your customers do the talking for you?” The more traffic you have on your company’s Facebook profile, the wider the reach it will have. As Entrepreneur explains, each follower becomes a mini brand ambassador, providing virtually free advertising for your products and services.
The Houston Chronicle backs up this follower strategy, as well: “when it comes to marketing on Facebook, getting visitors to “like” [meaning, follow] your business page is one step toward building a loyal fan base. According to the measurement firm Syncapse, Facebook fans are 41
percent more likely to recommend a business’ product over non-fans.” This evidence suggests that gaining followers could lead to quite real, tangible results for your company.
All of the above indicates that investing some time into building your follower base is a worthwhile pursuit.
The Power of the Post
What you have to say on your company’s Facebook page matters. Publishing a generic advertisement about your brand isn’t likely to garner many “likes,” but posting something topical, fun, and engaging is. Ideally, you’d inspire people to like, comment, and even share by writing a witty caption with a funny photo relating to your brand, or something akin to that. Making a company Facebook page is a great first step, but the most important thing is to fill it with wholesome, interesting, captivating content.
Converting Likes to Followers: A Step-By-Step Guide
Imagine this scenario: you’ve crafted the perfect post, and people on Facebook users are loving it – they’re liking, commenting, and sharing away! Given the way Facebook works, both people who do and do not follow you will be able to see it in their timelines (perhaps because you’ve boosted it with a little subtle paid advertising, or maybe because your follower’s friends can see what they engage with, or through some other means). Now you’ve got all this wonderful interaction, but how can you turn those “likes” into bona fide followers? This is actually quite simple, and it’s the crux of this simple trick.
All you need to do is:
- Go to the fabulous post that’s getting all that attention.
- Click on the names of the people who’ve “liked” or “reacted” to it. This should be directly under the post, directly to the left of the little blue thumbs-up symbol or other emojis (heart, “wow” emoji face, laughing emoji, etc.)
- This will bring up a list of the Facebook users who’ve “liked” or “reacted” to your post in its own little rectangular window. On the left, you’ll see their profile pictures and reactions. On the right, you’ll be able to find out whether they’ve “liked” (which means “followed,” in this case) your page as a whole.
- If a user’s profile says “Liked” in grayed out writing, then you don’t need to do anything! They’ve already followed you. You rock.
- If a user’s profile hasn’t “liked” (followed) your page yet, there will be a click-able “Invite” button. In this case, simply click the “Invite” button to invite this person to “like” and thereby follow your beautiful business page.
- Go through every name on the list following either step 4 or step 5.
- Once you’ve sent out your invites, the Facebook users will have the option to “like” and follow your page, or not. By following these very easy steps, you can transform your individual post “likes” into full-on followers! While it may not work for each and every “liker,” it likely will for many. If they’ve already enjoyed your post enough to “like” or “react” to it, chances are, they’d enjoy having your page on their timeline.
How Concentric Management Can Help
- While growing your followers with this relatively effortless technique is awesome, it’s just one way you can leverage a Facebook company page to grow your business. Accumulating followers is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what social media and other online avenues can do for your enterprise. Concentric Management can create a customized digital marketing plan for your particular organization, including:
- Social media management, which would include much more sophisticated strategies to polish up your company page and collect many more followers.
- Custom content, from brilliant blogs to snappy promotional scripts and everything in between.
- Custom fit web design to give your site a glamorous makeover for both form and function.
- Pay-Per-Click advertising services, so you can rule relevant keywords and skyrocket conversions.
- Reputation management to elevate your online presence and smoothly handle any unsatisfied customers’ complaints.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to help your newly-upgraded content rank highly and reach as many people as possible. Our caring team will help you determine which combination of the above elements your business needs to truly thrive.
Are You Ready to Grow Your Followers (and Your Business)?
Concentric Management’s outstanding team would be delighted to assist you! Contact us today to learn more about our services and schedule a consultation.